Create Printer Apps that Make Time-Intensive Tasks Fast and Easy
HP Workpath is a new cloud platform and developer ecosystem that enables print resellers, developers and customers to create applications that make business processes easier. Much like smartphones, HP partners can easily create new applications or access existing apps and install them directly onto the MFP. For example, workers can now:
- Scan receipts and submit an expense report directly from a Concur app on the printer.
- Scan a paper invoice directly into Sage Intacct on the printer, attach it to a purchase order and submit.
- Scan a paper document and using an app on the printer, save it directly into a Microsoft Teams or Google Docs shared folder.
There are currently more than 300 HP Workpath developers and 50 applications available today including industry-specific apps for healthcare, education and government. HP expects to have approximately 70 apps by the beginning of 2020. With these new applications, HP’s Beta channel partners are already driving new business opportunities and winning new deals while delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Deploy and Manage Devices and Apps from Single Cloud-Based Platform
Today, the process for deploying MFP devices and software is labor-intensive, requiring IT personnel to manually configure each device onsite. HP Command Center is a cloud-based platform that allows service providers to manage MFPs and deploy HP Workpath applications remotely. It also gives partners the ability to diversify their offerings by finding, accessing, recommending, and subscribing to HP Workpath applications, thus delivering higher value solutions to their customers.
Expanded Portfolio of A3 Devices for Exceptional Print Quality and Brilliant Color
HP’s new Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M776 and HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M856 Printer series deliver superb color output for marketing materials and professional documents. A new enhanced print mode provides a wider range of colors and an extra level of vividness and gloss for important proposals, brochures and other marketing materials. In addition, HP’s Custom Color Manager technology exactly matches color output of any document/device combination -- without expensive color matching systems.
HP is also introducing the HP Color LaserJet Managed E85055, a Managed version of the 800 series, which comes with a lower cost per page and features specifically designed to meet the needs of contractual service providers.
Security Enhancements Simplify Fleet Management
HP today announced security enhancements that simplify fleet security management for channel partners. Security Manager 3.4 with support for Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) now provides access to a broader Certificate Authority portfolio and simplifies the process of issuing device certificates across a fleet. In addition, HP’s new Essential Security Policy integration within HP Smart Device Services (SDS) enables customers and channel partners to enhance security of the entire IT network.
- HP Workpath is expected to be available to HP Premier Partners, developers and customers worldwide in November 2019.
- HP Command Center is expected to be available to HP Premier Partners worldwide in November 2019.
- HP’s expanded portfolio of A3 devices is expected to be available starting November 1, 2019.
- HP’s enhanced security features are now available to HP channel partners. SCEP support for HP JetAdvantage Security Manager is expected to be available in December 2019.
For additional information including images, videos and customer quotes see here.
HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at www.hp.com.