Breakthrough OMEN Obelisk Desktop features latest NVIDIA® GPU, HyperX® memory integration and easily upgradeable industry standard design
Android support for OMEN Game Stream enables new ways to experience the power of OMEN
Android support for OMEN Game Stream enables new ways to experience the power of OMEN
Cologne, Germany, Aug. 20, 2018 — Today, on the eve of Gamescom, HP revealed bold new OMEN hardware and mobile software innovations for gaming enthusiasts. The OMEN Obelisk, the latest addition to the desktop gaming family, will be one of the first systems to carry the NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 20 Series of GPUs, giving gamers access to the world’s ultimate gaming architecture. OMEN Game Stream1 for Android will bring OMEN gaming experiences to mobile devices, for gamers looking to connect and play on the go.
In addition, HP unveiled new features that have been added to the OMEN Mindframe Headset – the world’s first headset with active earcup cooling technology – to deliver added comfort and audio benefits for both competitive play and streaming.
“HP is focused on delivering incredible experiences that fuel the future of gaming and enable the community to perform at their best,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP Inc. “Integrating the newly announced NVIDIA® GPUs and teaming up with HyperX® to provide high-performance memory for our OMEN Obelisk and future desktops demonstrates our commitment to building a world-class ecosystem comprised of the world’s best gaming solutions.”
OMEN Obelisk was designed to appeal to the do-it-yourself (DIY) crowd who traditionally won’t consider pre-built machines. Nearly two-thirds of performance gamers purchase devices that are easily upgradeable. Fifty-two percent choose a desktop PC, while another 12 percent of all performance gamers choose a DIY approach instead of purchasing from large OEMs2. With a DIY-friendly, industry-standard upgrade path, along with options for the latest graphics and processor architectures, gamers can achieve the performance they expect from games they love, now and well into the future.
“HyperX® is pleased to work with HP and provide HyperX® FURY memory in all upcoming and refreshed OMEN by HP gaming PCs,” said Mark Leathem, general manager, HyperX® Peripherals Division, when speaking to the memory integration. “With over fifteen years of experience delivering gaming memory, the HyperX® brand is a great fit with HP’s vision of providing exceptional PCs for gamers.”
OMEN Obelisk Desktop: Power to Train Hard and Game Harder
This newest addition to the family of OMEN Desktops has been engineered with peak performance and customization as central requirements, so your PC can keep up with the latest in gaming updates.
Top features of the OMEN Obelisk include:
· Upgrade and Optimize: A sleek and refined black chassis that adheres to microATX standards with a tool-less access to the interior, and tool-less removal of up to two 3.5” drives; full-length graphics card support; and room for an industry-standard ATX power supply. Enhance online gaming with OMEN Command Center Network Booster functions to set network task prioritization and utilize two simultaneous data streams. Then use OMEN Game Stream to harness the power of the OMEN Obelisk and play games on your big-screen TV via a supported device1.
· World-Class Power and Storage: Stay immersed with astonishing visuals supplied by the NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080, powered by the all-new NVIDIA® Turing™ architecture to give you incredible new levels of gaming realism, speed and immersion. Choose up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i+ CPUs3 with up to six cores4 or up to 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ CPUs with as many as eight cores to ensure the power needed to thoroughly enjoy the latest titles. A flexible variety of storage options include PCIe® NVMe™ SSD, dual storage (SSD + HDD), triple storage (SSD + 2x HDD), single-HDD, or HDD+ Intel® Optane™ memory5 for storage acceleration.
· HyperX® Integration: Tried and true for years on end, HyperX® has delivered RAM that gamers can trust for memory intensive titles, tasks and multitasking. Each OMEN Obelisk Desktop configuration will come with HyperX® FURY DDR4-2666 memory up to 32 GB, featuring its signature asymmetrical FURY design along with a stylish low-profile heat spreader for enhanced thermal dissipation and a black finish to match the PC interior.
· Strategically Cooled: Extensive venting on the top, bottom, and sides takes advantage of thoughtfully placed components to generate optimal airflow, such as the bottom-mounted power supply and optional removable bottom dust filter. Cooling can be taken a step further by using reserved space at the top of the chassis for an additional aftermarket 120 mm fan or 120 mm liquid cooled radiator for those who want to maximize thermal performance.
· Customizable and Clean: Choose whatever color defines you with a programmable RGB front logo, and additional chassis RGB lighting on systems configured with an optional tempered glass side panel with a clear EMI protective coating. The optional tempered glass side panel offers a visual gateway to stunning internals, and meticulous cable routing and color consistency of internal components ensures a streamlined interior with uniform lighting. OMEN Command Center lets gamers customize up to two lighting zones and choose from five lighting modes.
OMEN Game Stream: OMEN Power on Your Android Device
OMEN Command Center continues to evolve as a centerpiece of the OMEN ecosystem. The OMEN Game Stream feature allows users to harness the power of their OMEN on other Windows 10 devices to play games on their big screen TV. The inclusion of Android functionality later this year to OMEN Game Stream adds an entirely new array of devices for gamers to stream6 their OMEN experience. OMEN Command Center comes preinstalled on all OMEN PCs and contains a variety of features, such as Network Booster and System Vitals. Additional customization and performance options are available on select OMEN laptops and desktops. OMEN Command Center also supports customization and settings adjustments for the latest accessories, such as the OMEN Sequencer Keyboard, OMEN Reactor Mouse and OMEN Mindframe Headset.
OMEN Mindframe Headset: Just as Cool, With New Enhancements
Announced in May, the forthcoming OMEN Mindframe Headset is the world’s first headset7 with active earcup cooling by way of HP’s patented thermoelectric driven Frostcap technology. The OMEN Mindframe headset has been built with comfort in mind, while also delivering amazing sound quality. Never settling, the OMEN by HP team has made further additions prior to launch, including:
OMEN by HP @ Gamescom
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability9
For more information about the OMEN by HP ecosystem of gaming PCs, displays and accessories, visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/gamingpcs/overview.html
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1. Must activate OMEN Game Stream account on your OMEN PC and download the OMEN Command Center app from the Microsoft Store onto other Windows 10 PCs. Game Stream requirements: OS – Microsoft Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update or later); Network – Minimum upload and download speeds of 10Mbps at 5GHz; CPU – X Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor or better; GPU – Intel® HD 4000 / NVIDIA® 8000 series / AMD® 2000 series or better with latest graphics drivers; System Memory – 4GB DDR3.
2. HP Research – Gaming Brands and Behavior, February 2016.
3. Intel Core i+ applies to configurations with Core i5 or Core i7 processors paired with Intel Optane Memory for storage acceleration. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
4. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding/and or naming is not a measurement of higher performance. Quad-core is 4 cores and Hexa-core is 6 cores.
5. Intel® Optane™ memory is a smart, adaptable system accelerator for PCs with an Intel® Core™ processor. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system.
6. Internet connection is required to stream.
7. Listening to personal stereo equipment or headsets at full volume for long periods can damage the user’s hearing. To reduce the risk of hearing damage, lower the volume and amount of time listening at full volume.
8. This noise cancellation does not mean to imply subtraction of audio waves, but rather the directionally tuned nature of the microphone to minimize outside distractions
9. Pricing from HP.com, subject to change without notice. Retailers pricing may vary.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core and Intel Optane are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. HyperX and the HyperX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2018 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.