PALO ALTO, Calif., August 1, 2018 – HP Inc. today unveiled a new portfolio of devices and service offerings designed to enhance the retail shopping experience. The HP Engage portfolio provides sleek, versatile, and secure technology that meets the evolving needs of retail and hospitality customers. HP’s new retail solutions will also be available through its Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering1.
The shift to digital is changing the way consumers interact with businesses, and mobile devices alone will influence $1.4 trillion in U.S. sales by 20212. Retail and hospitality customers are increasingly looking for technology that allows for a more engaging, interactive, and personal experience throughout their stores, which requires sales associates to be equipped with versatile devices built for both stationary and on-the-go interaction.
“Retailers have a growing need for technology that enables seamless customer engagement, from the moment they arrive to the time they check out,” said Aaron Weiss, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions, HP Inc. “Drawing on customer insights and our culture of innovation, the new HP Engage lineup and its availability through HP DaaS are designed to deliver the performance, security, and flexibility businesses need to reinvent in-store experiences and provide enhanced customer service.”
Connect with Customers Where It Matters Most
The HP Engage Go Convertible is a flexible solution with an innovative docking design for seamless transitions between fixed and mobile operations to enable rich, secure customer experiences. The HP Engage Go Convertible System features:
- Sleek design, seamless mobility that delivers an optimized customer experience for retailers and hospitality associates to check inventory on the fly, complete registrations, and close sales – at the counter or out on the floor.
- Customer and business data protection that safeguards customer and business information with a self-healing PC BIOS, new HP Smart Dock tablet-locking experience to help prevent theft from the dock, and two-factor authentication with the optional integrated fingerprint reader3 or NFC reader3.
- Durable and fast performance that’s built to last. Powered by Windows 104 and the performance of 7th Gen Intel ® Core™ processors5, the HP Engage Go Convertible system stands up to demanding retail or hospitality environments and is designed to pass MIL-STD 810G testing6.
“As a global leader in luxury womenswear, Escada stands for colorful, effortless and contemporary design – offering day and evening wear, as well as fragrances and accessories,” said Klaus Becker, director, Global IT, Escada. “With its sleek design, flexibility and performance, we have chosen the HP Engage Go Convertible solution to empower our associates to provide a more personalized and elite shopping experience to our customers.”
The HP Engage Go Mobile System is the companion device to HP Engage Go Convertible and is available without the dock for mobile operations only. HP Engage Go Mobile delivers the same design, security, and durability features of the convertible system. With up to 13 hours of battery life7 and HP Fast Charge to charge 50 percent of the battery in just 30 minutes8, HP Engage Go Mobile is built for outstanding on-the-go experiences.
Do More in Store and Beyond
The HP Engage Flex Pro and HP Engage Flex Pro-C are modular system platforms with enhanced security that provide retailers and hospitality operators flexibility to manage their business from the store floor to the back office, with performance capabilities to handle the most demanding environments. The all-new HP Engage Flex Pro-C delivers all the same capabilities as the HP Engage Flex Pro and is 30 percent smaller than the previous generation. The HP Engage Flex Pro and HP Engage Flex Pro-C feature:
- Maximum flexibility allowing retailers to configure the perfect solution for point of sale, video surveillance, processing/controlling, or digital signage with flexible connectivity, graphics, networking, and accessory options9.
- Expandable, long-life performance to tackle every retail and hospitality challenge with Windows 104 and an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor5 paired with Intel® Optane™ memory10. Adjust capacity with storage options like an Intel® Optane™ SSD, SATA or M.2 – up to five on HP Engage Flex Pro and up to four on HP Engage Flex Pro-C.
- Security, manageability and reliability with hardware-enforced self-healing protection from HP Sure Start Gen411. Manage your system across the OS with HP Manageability Integration Kit12, maintain critical OS processes with HP Sure Run13, and restore your image over a network with HP Sure Recover14.
“Retail continues to be revolutionized through IoT technology advancements. The next generation point of sale retail solutions are aiding the retailers to embrace the future now," said Joe Jensen, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions Division, Intel Corporation. “HP Engage is reinventing retail technology to move the industry and customer experiences into the future.”
Available as a service with HP Device-as-a-Service
HP is extending its Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering to HP Engage portfolio products to make it easier for retailers and hospitality customers to acquire, support, and manage the technology they need to drive their business. With HP DaaS, customers get the right devices and lifecycle services to increase efficiency, improve customer experience, and free up IT resources. Businesses also benefit from the analytics and proactive management capabilities of HP DaaS, which provide actionable device health analytics and predictive insights to uncover potential device issues and security risks, so they can be addressed before they impact customer experiences or employee productivity. To learn more about HP Device as a Service plans and capabilities, visit www.hp.com/go/DaaS.
For more information about HP Retail Solutions, visit www.hp.com/go/retail or experience the new retail systems in-person at RetailNOW 2018 at HP’s booth #405.
HP Engage Go Convertible and HP Engage Go Mobile are expected to be available in September.
HP Engage Flex Pro and HP Engage Flex Pro-C are expected to be available in August.
HP DaaS for select HP Engage products are expected to be available in the U.S. only in September.