- Combines innovative devices, lifecycle services, and HP expertise into an all-inclusive managed solution – with per-seat, per-month cost certainty
- Simplifies device acquisition, improves device management and optimizes device usage to maximize user productivity and IT efficiency
- Includes intelligent technology for more proactive fleet management with insightful and actionable analytics
- Offers flexible plans and the ability to tailor solutions with lifecycle services from HP and our Partner Ecosystem to fit customer needs
Chicago, IL, September 12, 2017 — Today at HP Reinvent, HP Inc.’s largest global partner event, the company announced enhancements to its HP Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering, with more effective fleet management thanks to actionable analytics, and three simplified plans for better flexibility. These enhancements help customers achieve greater efficiency, improve the employee experience, and free up valuable IT time and resources to drive business growth.
Mixed-device environments are the norm in today’s world, and managing multiple device types, operating system (OS) platforms and vendors is becoming increasingly difficult for organizations. More than 60 percent of IT teams surveyed by IDC say their resources are drained by device management1. DaaS solutions are being implemented or considered by 40 percent of businesses2 as companies embrace the value of shifting resources to more strategic-level initiatives in lieu of spending valuable IT resources on lifecycle support and device management.
“HP DaaS is the only solution for customers and partners that manages multi-OS and multi-device environments, offers the deepest insights with our proprietary analytics platform and proactive fleet management capabilities, and provides the right lifecycle services tailored to individual needs,” said Bill Avey, vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Services, HP Inc. “HP DaaS is able to free up valuable IT time by managing the lifecycle of devices in a way that’s never been done before.”
“Insight empowers clients with strategic guidance and intelligent technology solutions to help them manage their technology today so they can transform for tomorrow and get a competitive edge,” said Bob Kane, senior vice president of product marketing at Insight. “HP DaaS helps us provide clients with the value of the simplified support, predictive analytics, and proactive device and security management features they require. Teaming with HP to deliver complete solutions with a simplified purchasing model for customers gives our mutual clients ways to run smarter.”
HP Device as a Service Enhancements
- More insightful and efficient fleet management to help optimize IT assets and resources. HP DaaS now includes fleet analytics to uncover potential device health and security risks so they can be addressed proactively before they impact end user performance. HP Service Agents use a proprietary analytics platform and other tools to deliver unified device management services to minimize the day-to-day burden of fleet management.
- Flexibility for businesses with simpler plans and term options to match workloads and optimize their IT budgets. HP DaaS incorporates not only a customer’s choice of hardware but the proactive monitoring and management of devices in a single contract. The benefit for customers is a single source for hardware, support, and IT services in a one-price-per-device monthly payment. Customers can tailor their agreement to include additional lifecycle services, from installation and configuration to workplace services and secure disposal and recycling. A new fleet flexibility feature3 allows customers to flex their plans from 5 to 15 percent to meet the needs of their changing workloads.
- Broad portfolio of HP devices including the most popular PC desktops, notebooks, 2-in-1 tablets, workstations, point of sale systems, and additional device types running different operating systems to address the diverse needs of a company’s work force. With HP DaaS, customers can choose the devices that best fit their people and environment. HP DaaS even enables companies to outsource the day-to-day management of devices from other manufacturers running different operating systems.
For more information about HP Device as a Service, please visit www.hp.com/go/daas or contact an HP representative or one of HP’s authorized partners.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
You can visit our Online Press kit for more information.
- IDC, US Commercial Device Survey: PCs, Doc #US41101516, March 2016
- IDC, PCaaS Threatens to Shake Up the PC Deployment Game: U.S. Commercial PC Survey, Doc #US4104961, March 20163 Fleet flexibility feature available with a flex down option via HP DaaS Contractual Service directly from HP or an Approved Global System Integrator