Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 5, 2016 – HP Inc. today announced breakthrough enhancements and refinements to its consumer premium PC line-up to help customers have more fun and get more done.
HP’s new PC line-up includes:
- A 15.6” diagonal version of the award-winning HP Spectre x360 designed for customers to create and consume multi-media by offering a 4K display2 option, Audio by Bang & Olufsen, optional Intel® Iris™ graphics3 and exceptional battery life.
- An OLED display option on its award-winning 13.3” diagonal HP Spectre x360 to give customers beautiful bright screens for viewing media.
- A new Pavilion x2HP featuring a larger tablet design to help ensure customers be more productive with a 12.1” diagonal display.
“Screen quality -- including resolution, brightness and contrast—are increasingly important to customers creating and viewing rich media content on their personal systems, and PCs are no exception,” said Mike Nash, vice president, customer experience and portfolio strategy, personal systems, HP Inc. “To deliver experiences that amaze, HP is bringing OLED and 4K displays as an option on the new HP Spectre x360 13.3” and 15.6” convertible PCs, respectively.”World’s Thinnest and Lightest 15.6” Convertible Yet1
To help ensure customers have better experiences when creating and consuming high-resolution content, the 15.6” diagonal HP Spectre x360 offers a gorgeous 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160)2 touchscreen with wide viewing angles of more than 8 million pixels, bringing images and moving content to life. The 4K Ultra HD display2 allows users to edit and consume content in its native resolution. To deliver high-performance, HP has included optional Intel® Iris™ graphics3 and up to 16GB of memory. In addition, the new HP Spectre x360 includes quad front firing speakers custom tuned by Bang & Olufsen for a truly astounding experience for watching videos and listening to music.
The HP Spectre x360 convertible PC has sleek and stylish lines with an all CNC aluminum chassis and display cover that is ultra-thin and built for performance. Starting at four pounds4 and 15.9 millimeters thin, the new HP Spectre x360 to be the thinnest and lightest 15.6” diagonal convertible PC yet1. The machined aluminum chassis designed to accommodate a 64.5 Whr battery, the largest battery HP has included in any of its convertible PCs. The result is up to 13 hours of battery life5 on the Full HD version and up to 9.5 hours5 on the Ultra HD models.
The HP Spectre x360 offers 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors6 for the power customers need. With a fast SSD up to 512GB7, customers can expect their PC to turn on fast and load apps quickly.
Customers can expect fluid and seamless transitions between notebook mode for work, stand mode for viewing entertainment, tent mode for a great presentation tool or tablet mode for browsing the news. To ensure the display glides smoothly and stays in place where a user wants it, the new HP Spectre x360 has the same innovative hinges as the HP Spectre x360 13.3” diagonal convertible PC for synchronized, precise movement and stability in each mode. The full size 1.5 millimeter travel backlit keyboard with an extra wide touchpad offers an uncompromised typing experience for great usability in notebook mode.
The HP Spectre x360 features three USB 3.0 ports with Sleep and Charge and one USB-Type-C™ connector that supports up to 5GB of data transfer and can charge peripheral devices like a smartphone without having to use an adapter. The HP Spectre x360 also comes with a mini display port, HDMI and audio jack.OLED Option for 13.3” Diagonal HP Spectre x360
HP announced it will offer a Quad HD OLED display option on its 13.3” diagonal HP Spectre x360 starting in spring 2016 to give customers even higher color accuracy, with a broader range of shades and better contrast for watching movies or editing photos. The OLED display is thinner and decreases the weight of the device by 50 grams while providing higher color gamut at 103% vs. 72% on WLED displays. The convertible PC will also offer optional Intel® Iris™ graphics3 and up to 1 TB of SSD storage8 as the company keeps reinventing the award-winning HP Spectre x360 to deliver premium features to customers so that they have the quality and performance for editing videos, photos or any graphics related tasks.New 12.1” Diagonal Pavilion x2
HP is building upon its Pavilion x2 10.1” diagonal detachable PC and is now offering a 12.1” diagonal version for customers who need a larger display for productivity and entertainment. The new HP Pavilion x2 offers new features including a metal tablet for a thin and light design, Intel® processors, a variety of storage options and a high-resolution display.
The latchless magnetic connector easily detaches and attaches the keyboard for a traditional notebook experience that allows the display to tilt up to 130 degrees for a great viewing experience, transforming the device into a tablet for on the go, stand mode for watching movies, and tent mode for playing touch games. The full-size keyboard with 1.5 millimeters travel and a 54 x 98 millimeter touchpad offers customers a remarkable notebook experience for productivity.
With up to 8 hours and 15 minutes of battery life5, the tablet only weighs 1.6 pounds6 and is just 8.4 millimeters thin. The tablet with keyboard is 3.23 pounds4 and is 15.3 millimeters, making the ultra-portable one of the thinnest 2-in-1 PCs in the Pavilion line-up. The 12” diagonal Full HD+ display9(1920 x 1280) is a premium feature to give customers a crisp viewing experience. With a 3:2 display9, customers get 18 percent more vertical space, great for browsing, editing documents and spreadsheets, and viewing photos.
Customers have choice of processors including Intel® AtomTM6 with 64 GB eMMC or 6th generation Intel® Core™ M processors6 with 128 GB or 256 GB SSD storage7 for productivity and multimedia.
The HP Pavilion x2 features a USB Type-C™ connector to charge and power the device and enable data transfer over the latest generation USB 3.0. The device also has a full-size USB 2.0 port to attach external devices without a dongle and a micro HDMI port to connect to an external display or TV.
With two front facing speakers custom tuned by B&O Play on the tablet, customers will enjoy their favorite movies and music.Pricing and Availability 10
- The 15.6” diagonal HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available on February 14, 2016 on hp.com and BestBuy with a starting price at $1,149.
- The 13.3” diagonal HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available in spring 2016.
- The 12.1” diagonal HP Pavilion x2 is expected to be available on February 7, 2016 at hp.com and select retailers with a starting price at $499.99.
- Based on HP’s internal analysis as of (January 4, 2016) of convertible pc’s of major competitors shipping more than 1 million units over the past 4 quarters, having a Windows, 360 degree hinge, 15.6” LCD screen, and Intel Broadwell or Skylake CPU.
- 4K Ultra High-definition (HD) content required to view 4K Ultra HD images.
- Part of the total system memory (RAM) is used for graphics/video performance. System memory dedicated to graphics/video performance is not available for other use by other programs.
- Weight and system dimensions may fluctuate due to configuration and manufacturing variances.
- Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
- Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
- (8) All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any statements of expectation or belief and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility the company’s business may not perform as expected; that the company may be unable to successfully implement separation strategies; and other risks that are described in the company’s reports to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to the risks described in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for its fiscal year ended October 31, 2014 and the company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for its fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2015 and July 31, 2015. The company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
© Copyright 2016 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.